This is Wedding Week...
This Saturday - Jonathan and Brantley will be getting married.
We are so excited for them.
It will certainly be a busy week. Lots to do. Lots of fun.
Blessed beyond measure.
So... I will probably not be posting much. Unless something comes up that you just NEED to know. LOL.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
So I have been told that on the 100th post - I have to post 100 random facts about me.
Not sure if I can ...
but since I am a "rule" follower - I will try to go by blogland rules...
1. I am almost 50.
2. I don't feel like it (most of the time)
3. I color my hair - every three weeks.
4. I am tired of doing so.
5. I had enough gray hair before I graduated from high school - that I had to move my part to hide it.
6. I was 17 (almost 18) when I married my high school sweetheart.
7. He is still my sweetheart.
8. I was a cheerleader in high school
9. I was head cheerleader my senior year.
10. I have three children.
11. I had two miscarriages - therefore I have two more children in heaven.
12. I have two sons-in-law.
13. I will have a new daughter-in-law (on August 2nd.)
15. I have one precious granddaughter.
16. I have a new grandbaby on the way!
17. I am only on Number 17 and I am having a hard time.
18. I must lead a boring life
19. I hope to write a book one day.
20. My new favorite fruit is fresh cherries.
21. Even if they cost 4.98 a lb.
22. I like having my nails done.
23. I absolutely LOVE a pedicure.
24. I love me some "Chicos" clothing (but only on sale - a GOOD sale)
25. I love teaching Ladies Bible Studies.
26. Hal and I have been in ministry for 32 years.
27. We have been here in Calera for 13 years.
28. We bought our first home here in Calera.
29. We had been in "pastoriums" prior to here - (or one was a rental property)
30. They were always nice - but there is no place like your own home.
31. I played the piano at our first church.
32. It was sad.
33. That is not my calling.
34. Years ago - "preacher's wives" were supposed to play the piano.
35. I did not fit that mold.
36. In our second church - I worked with preschoolers- until my home was filled with preschoolers.
37. Then I began a ladies class.
38. I found my calling.
39. Exhortation is my primary gift - and I love my ladies.
40. I learned alot about studying the Bible from Kay Arthur and inductive studies.
41. My Hal is my pastor - and the best preacher I know.
42. Even if I was not married to him - I would want him to be my pastor.
43. He has taught me more than anyone on this earth.
44. I love doing "Beth Moore" studies.
45. I usually take a "pre-bedtime" nap on the couch.
46. I wear contacts.
47. I don't take them out like I should.
48. I love the beach.
49. I love going to the mountains too.
50. But only in the fall/winter.
51. I liked camping when I was younger.
52. Now, I like staying in a nice Condo.
53. I could use a vacation now.
54. But there is no time for it.
55. That is the problem.
56. Life is too busy.
57. I like football season.
58. Alabama football season
59. The title of my blog is true.
60. I Have NO greater joy - than to know that my children walk in truth.
61. Or the opposite - is there any greater sorrow than when they do not ?
62. We homeschooled our children for 12 years.
63. 9 were good years.
64. The first three - I nearly killed us all.
65. Then I quit "schooling at home" and started "home-schooling."
66. There is a difference.
67. On this side of it - I would not trade those years for anything.
68. It was the absolute - HARDEST thing I have ever done.
69. And the most REWARDING.
70. I bought too much curriculum.
71. I have kept some of it for illustration point.
72. I paid 13.99 for the + - X / flash cards. (each) - from ABEKA
73. My children's children's children will learn to add, subtract, multiply and divide with those cards.
74. Or I will just keep them till Jesus comes back.
75. I love to take pictures.
76. Jenifer and I took a photography class.
77. She has started a photography business.
78. I am her "trusty" assistant.
79. What fun.
80. I get to spend time with my daughter and take pictures.
81. Then I send the SD card home with her - because she edits them.
82. I have the easy job.
83. I love having people in my home.
84. I guess one of my gifts is hospitality.
85. I always fix too much food.
86. I would rather have too much than to run out.
87. I used to worry about the "worn- out" carpet.
88. I decided that people don't care about the carpet - we just need fellowship.
89. So, I vacumn or clean it again - and open the doors.
90. My daughters really are my best friends.
91. I always wanted that.
92. I usually talk to them every day.
93. Even if it is just for a little while.
94. They call me.
95. I love it.
96. I don't exercise like I should.
97. I am trying.
98. Today, life is good.
99. If tomorrow is not - I am still secure.
100. Because of my relationship with my Savior. He will be Lord of tomorrow too.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Today I am at Holding On Devotional Blog...
Join me there.
My Blog's Mission is posted at the top of the page....
My life - hopefully transparent - hopefully encouraging ...
And the scripture - "Let the Word's of my Mouth and the Meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight - Oh LORD, my strength and my Redeemer."
Becoming Me is hosting a blog mission tour... drop by to check out the mission of other bloggers. And a special thank you to Becoming Me for hosting all of us!So that is my mission for my blog, what is yours?
Thursday, July 17, 2008
As I type - there is a large group of guys downstairs ...
They are here to give our Jonathan a tool party (shower). I love hearing the laughter and celebration taking place ....Man Style.
The groomsmen are giving the shower -and since Hal is the "best man" - he sorta took the lead. I kept asking him questions like, "have you ____? or are you going to ___?" He would just look at me and ask - "Do you want to do this?" Well, no. But I wanted to make sure that it was done correctly. He told me this was a MAN'S party. It will not be like one of the ladies' showers or teas.
"Ok - I give up. Do it your way."
But now, I am afraid that there is not enough food.
I am wondering if I could slip into the kitchen and put some more in the oven.
Nope - I will let them handle it.
But one last thought- What do I do about pictures. We have to have pictures. And a sign in sheet. Oh me - guess I am headed downstairs. You might be able to do without more food - but I cannot let the night pass with out pictures.
I will let you know if I got thrown out LOL Maybe I will post pictures.
Fun - Fun.
Celebrations - MAN STYLE.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Thanks for your responses to my clutter question...
But in reality - the only thing that I really needed to do was - Just sit down and DO IT!
That is not work that anyone else can do for me - I just have to take the time and dive in.
Reminds me of another area of my life too... EXERCISE.
I think this will be the topic of another blog.
But for today - I am still decluttering.
Love you gals!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Ok.... I am needing some help here.
Please tell me how you handle all of your paper clutter. It seems to grow in the night and I am having a horrible time managing it. !!!!!!
Today I am working in my office.
Tell me - what do you keep as far as receipts/paid bills/ etc. I think I keep too much.
I am looking for some words of wisdom. Practical Words that I can apply. Today.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
32 years ago today, I married my best friend.
I was 17 (almost 18) - He was 19. We were such babies. We literally have grown up together. Oh, but we thought we were grown.
He was still in school at Samford - I worked for State Farm Insurance at the regional office. We had a little apartment on Valley Avenue (at the foot of the Vulcan). I walked across the street and across the parking lot to work.
And so our journey began....
We lived in Bham for a year.
We moved back to our home town for two years.
We took our Julia (1 month old) to Samford graduation.
We moved to Texas.
We took our Jonathan (3 months old) to Southwestern graduation.
We moved back to Alabama.
We took our Jenifer (1 year old) to Luther Rice graduation.
We lived in Decatur for 7 years.
We moved to Georgia for 3 years.
We moved back to Alabama close to our home town for 2 years.
We moved to our home now - 13 years ago.
Our children are grown and the two girls are married - the son is getting married in 3 weeks!.
We have one granddaughter and one new grandbaby on the way!
We have served in 5 churches. We have taken mission trips to Guatemala, Mexico, England, Wales and Germany.
Philippians 3:12-14 says,
"Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. "
And so the journey continues... we press on...
Happy Anniversary Hal!
I love you more today than 32 years ago and I was crazy in love with you then!