Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Incomparable Christ (chpt 1)

Today the topic (from the book, "The Incomparable Christ" by Oswald Sanders) was "the Moral Perfection of Christ." His beauty, His Loveliness, His Perfection.
There is NO ONE like HIM!

I have a few thoughts that I would like to share, because when I am having a feast... You know that I am compelled to give you some. I want you to see what I am seeing, to hear what I am hearing. Certainly, I cannot recount it all. But just maybe you will be encouraged by the nuggets. And even maybe some will join in reading the book, and listening to the podcasts.


John Flavel (a Puritan pastor in the 1600s) wrote:
"Bread has one quality, water another, raiment another, medicine another; but none has them all in itself as Christ does.


He is bread to the hungry
water to the thirsty
a garment to the naked
healing to the wounded
and whatever a soul can desire is found in him. "



Nancy Leigh DeMoss makes this observation:

When we realize the treasure that Christ is, that will cause us to live our lives differently.

We will not spend all of our lives in pursuit of things and people that can never fully satisfy.
We will focus our attention and efforts on Christ.
We will want to have undistracted devotion to Him.
We will want to spend time with Him.


That is food to "chew" on for this day. Looking at Christ. The Incomparable Christ. He is altogether Lovely!

It is my prayer that TODAY (well, actually everyday) I will reflect and display the beauty of Christ...

1 comments:

Beth Herring said...

oh, i love this post! i will be adding this book to my list of 'must reads'!