Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Welcome...

to TUESDAYS TOGETHER (in the WORD). I am so glad that you have joined us.


Remember our goal/purpose is that we are reading God's Word and we are sharing with each other a "nugget" of what we are learning.



Each week is seems to get harder to decide which passage I want to discuss here. I am loving reading through the Acts again. Wonderful stories of the early church....

But my passage this week is coming from Psalms 19:14...

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.


Years ago - this was a passage that I decided to meditate on and memorize. I printed it on a 3X5 index card and put it over the kitchen sink. I had to look at it many times during my day.

And even now - many years later - I find myself still dealing with the same issue. Most of the time I can handle "the words of my mouth". I am not one to speak quickly. (ok Hal... I said most of the time.) But the meditations of my heart - that can be an entirely different scene.

For instance - with just ONE of the issues that I am currently dealing with - our son's coming deployment...The words of my mouth can easily say that I know that God is in control. My words can say that God is not surprised by this. My words can say that I know Jonathan will be in God's hands through it all.

But the meditations of my heart -that is a different story. Just to be honest - I don't WANT to deal with this again. I don't want for him to go. I don't want to have that heavy feeling all day every day and all night every night knowing that my son is at war. I don't want to have to force myself to stay out of the land of "what if". I just don't want to. The meditation of my heart is a battlefield. A battlefield to MAKE myself believe what I say I believe.

But I desire for the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart to be acceptable... I really desire...

So, I close with the words of a song that seems fitting -

Change my heart Oh God
Make it every true
Change my heart Oh God
May I be like You

You are the potter
I am the clay
Mold me and make me
This is what I pray

Change my heart Oh God
Make it ever true
Change my heart Oh God
May I be like You.

Let the words of my mouth AND THE MEDITATIONS OF MY HEART be acceptable in thy sight...

What about you this week? I am looking forward to hearing from you. You know the drill... leave a comment... share your thoughts... and if you blog - link with us.





8 comments:

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Oh...those verses are the cry of my heart and my prayer as well. So perfect. I love His Word! Thank you for sharing your heart regarding your own "battlefield" to resist the land of "what ifs". Please know that we are praying for you, as you walk through this unknown path once more.

Laurie Ann said...

DeeDee, this Scripture always speaks to me. I can only imagine the what if's in your Momma-heart with your son. It just makes me want to cry. The words of the song are ever-fitting, aren't they? Much love & blessings...

Blog is no more said...

I too stuggle with the meditations of my heart. Oh how my heart aches for moms just like you, who have children at war! Please know that God carries them in His hands, where ever they go.
Great post! Praying for you and your family.
((hugs))
Sharon

Blog is no more said...

I too stuggle with the meditations of my heart. Oh how my heart aches for moms just like you, who have children at war! Please know that God carries them in His hands, where ever they go.
Great post! Praying for you and your family.
((hugs))
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi DeeDee,
I am a new believer!! I stumbled upon your blog. I just love it and I am so excited to be learning so much daily. I am praying that I will continue to grow in His love. I am reading the bible (that was so lovingly given to me from a close friend) and trying to follow a plan. Thank you for providing me and others an opportunity to be together on Tuesdays.
Blessings, Patricia
pat.ellis@cogeco.ca

Tricia said...

Hey DeeDee
I too struggle with the meditations of my heart at times... it is the heart that no one else can see or really know, so it is harder... the heart truly can be the battlefield as we strive to make what is in it pleasing in His sight...

Thanks for sharing your insights and your battles. It is comforting knowing that others are real and that they struggle at times too, it gives you encouragement for the journey knowing that others are not perfect :)

Praying for you!

Blessings!

GranthamLynn said...

DeeDee that was a beautiful post. I know what you mean about getting it in your head kinda but having it really be in your heart. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be sending my child away to war. We are all Blessed by your sacrifice. I struggle with fulling trusting God to handle everything. In fact I am a worrying I was just praying about that today that I would trust his faithfulness and rest in the peace that he offers because he does have it all in control. My prayers are with you and your family. I cam over from Laurie's and I am so glad I did.
Many Blessings,
Sherry

Susanne said...

How cool!! I love that verse. It's hard to keep our words pure, but we must remember that it's out of the heart that the mouth speaks!
I used this same song in one of my prayer times last week. So refreshing to see God at work!! Love ya!!