Sunday, July 18, 2010

The World of "Mother"

As a mom, it is hard to explain the emotion of knowing that YOUR baby girl is in labor and about to give birth. You want to do something... and there is absolutely nothing you can do. Nope, she has to walk this road... on her own.

When we arrived in VA - we were able to go back to the room and visit for just a minute. Our first born baby girl was in labor. Her hands were shaking from the meds - and I could hardly contain the emotion. But I did. As I said, I just wanted to do SOMETHING. So, I prayed. And went back to the waiting room. And continued to pray. And went to sleep curled up on a small chair. And prayed. And waited.

She did so well - of course! You can read her story here.

It is the beginning of motherhood. The beginning of being able and willing to give your life for your child. The beginning of sacrifice. The beginning of a love that is incomprehensible and unexplainable and unending.

And for the Mom of the new Mom - it is certainly another "No Greater Joy" moment..

Welcome, my Julia, to the world of "Mother".








(P.S. - there will be pics of our Baby Josiah coming soon!)

3 comments:

Kelly Ellison said...

Congrats! I know that you are having a great time spending time with them.

Linda said...

Congratulations grandma! I know how you were feeling. I felt the same way when my girls had their babies. And like you...I prayed and prayed! (:>)

Motherhood is just so amazing...young and old!

And being a grandma is so wonderful.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! and welcome Baby Josiah!! How wonderful - and so special that you could be there. If there is anything better than being a first time mom...it has to be becoming a first grandparent the first time:) (or any time!) Enjoy all the special first days ahead!!

And welcome to Virginia:)