Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010...

Merry Christmas to you all!

For the first time since 2006... Everyone is here. No one is a war this year. No one is away in another state. Nope, this year we are all together.

I want to savor it all. I AM taking lots of pictures. I don't care if they get tired of it... It is a need!

I have several Nativity Scenes... and this year, Aubrey helped me place them. And she has had a good time playing with them. I only have one that is "untouchable" -and I chose to leave it put away this Christmas.

I want little hands to touch. To move. To play. To know the story of Jesus. To place baby Jesus in the Manger. To talk about the Shepherds and the sheep and the star. To march the Wisemen to the scene. And I want to watch. (on a side note, she has also decided to hide some of them around the house - I keep finding baby Jesus in lots of places) Sweet memories in the making!

Yes, Jesus is the reason for this wonderful season!

and this year... we are ALL home! Oh yes, I am smiling! Oh yes, I am!

Merry Christmas to you all!









3 comments:

Linda said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours DeeDee!

I love Nativity scenes too. I love giving them as gifts too. They tell the true meaning of Christmas. And I too think it is fun if the children can play with them and remember the story!

So very glad your son is home safely. God heard all of our prayers!

Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Mitzi said...

Merry Christmas! I can feel your joy through your words. So happy everyone is there. We love all of ya'll!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

What a wonderful gift to have everyone home and together! Merry Christmas to you, sweet DeeDee...sounds like it was truly a beautiful celebration of our Savior's birth and a sweet time with you family!