Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

I have a couple of thoughts that I want to share on the first day of this new year (1/1/11).

I am not one to promote or make resolutions. But I have found that there are benefits to setting goals. I do not have all of mine settled in my mind and heart as of today... but am definitely pondering a few. I plan to share more specifics soon.

I know that one will be in my Bible reading. I want to spend MORE time in the Word consistently. I will have a reading plan. I will have a specific study (or several over the course of the year). And I want devote more time to reading good books.

"I believe it's absolutely crucial that you and I slow our pace and
discipline our time in order to be in the Word of God on a daily basis.
Why? Because when we're not in the Word-- reading it through
consistently-- we forget who our God is and what He expects and requires.
We have a tendency to rationalize our humanity and and forget His
holiness." (Kay Arthur)

Good encouragement for that first goal!

Secondly, I plan to continue running. I will sign up for a race or two... because I need the commitment to make me consistent in my training. (Michael Hiatt's blog gives good reasons)

Third, I want to blog consistently again. That will mean discipline in my time (away from FB) and discipline in writing.

Just a few quick thoughts for today....

What about you? Do you set goals for yourself? Sometimes that is the push/shove/encouragement that we need to just get started. Share them with someone. Put it out there. And then -- let's get started....

2 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Happy New Year DeeDee - looking forward to seeing what God is going to do through you!

Pamela said...

Love the Kay Arthur quote. I'd love to go to one of her studies but I haven't found one close yet. I love studying God's Word. A worthy resolution.