Monday, March 24, 2008

A Quote to Ponder

Just want to share a quote from one of the books that I am currently reading. I shared a few posts back - about wanting to stretch - in the area of my reading. This is from The Pursuit of God, by A.W. Tozer.

Oh God, I have tasted Thy goodness and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the triune God, I want to want Thee, I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me the grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen

So many thoughts flood my mind as I read and re-read and re-read that prayer. I think for tonight... I will just share it with you... pray it for myself (again).... and let it really sink in. My plan for now, is to take one thought at a time and discuss it.

On that thought... I have added a new counter to my blog - just for my info- and I set it so that it will NOT count when I visit my page. I wanted to know actual visits. And since yesterday afternoon there have been 60 visits. So - WELCOME - and even though you do not have to comment - I just want to tell you that I would love for you to join me in the coming discussions. Let me know what you think. Or just let me know you came. Either way, I would love to hear from you (even anonymous).

Blessings to you....
and Ponder that prayer....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey mom you know i am here!!! I love you.
Jonathan