Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Beginnings...

Here I am again sitting at my desk... and it really needs much attention.

Somehow, when I decided to have my house painted and new flooring BETWEEN Thanksgiving and Christmas, this study of mine is what has suffered the most.

I won't bore you with the details. Because I have covered it before. But I will say that I desire for my study to be just that. A study. A place of quiet rest. A place of solitude. A place of reflection. A place to work. And most of all, a place to sit at His feet.

With that freshly in my mind and my heart, I will not call it a resolution, I think I will call it my first goal for 2010.

Do I dare take pictures so that I can give you an update and show you the before and after? I will think about that .

But I will let you know this. It will not be fast. My calendar is FULL to the rim for January. The plan is to whittle away as much as I can for now. Little bit size pieces. But by the end of Februray... I hope to have a "goal accomplished" post to share.

So, the new year has begun...

I have recently read - and posted on my fb page - that the difference in goals and accomplishing them is DISCIPLINE.

Are you working on something? Just one thing? Let's do it!




2 comments:

The Fat Chick said...

As most do, my New Years resolution for 2010 is to lose weight. I'm sure I should have others as well but this one is dominant over any others I may think of. I agree whole heartedly that the difference between a mere goal and a goal accomplished is discipline. Now-a-day our society is so lacking in this and therefore we NEED to make resolutions like we do. I pray for the ability to whittle away as much as God sees fit and that soon you will have your study/sanctuary. :)
Cheers and Happy Blogging!

Beth Herring said...

Praying for you this new year my friend. I pray God's richest blessings on you!