Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life is Busy

It is an EXTREME understatement to say that life is busy. And has been for quite some time...

I knew that January would be eaten alive. There is always time needed for recovery from the Christmas/New Year’s Holidays. Then this year we had two weeks with my Jon home. We took him back to the airport and then had the final preparations for the Couple’s retreat which was held in Gatlinburg the last weekend of the month. And *poof* January was GONE.

What I did not realize is what would happen to February. For some reason, I did not anticipate the counseling that would be needed after we got home. I should have – because it always happens after/during a Bible Study - and with Satan’s attack on the Home as it is – I should have expected the needed times for talking after a retreat on the Home. So I ask you to be praying for several who are working through some hard stuff – and for us as we try to minister to them.

ALSO in the month of Feb – Our church family had two deaths. One with cancer and then one in a tragic automobile accident. We are honored to be able to be with these families during these hard times – but we also covet your prayers for us too. It is our desire to be there for them and to help bear their burden.

Now, it is middle of March – and yet another death. Another battle lost to cancer. Another family grieving. This makes six funerals in the past 5 months for our church family.

I said life has been busy. But in reality, I think it is more applicable to say it has been draining. Physically draining. Spiritually draining. Emotionally draining. Some very high - Highs. And then some very low - Lows. Does that make sense?

Now, I have not even mentioned Hal's trip to Haiti in the midst of all of this. I hope to get him to blog about that soon.

Also, I have several other blog posts just holding on and waiting for me to have the time to put them here. Hopefully, it will not be too long.

But for now... I think I shall go to bed.

Rest.
Sweet Rest for my body... for my soul.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Draining would be the appropriate word and I am right there with you. My desire is to minister to those that need me but physically I feel so tired. Tomorrow, I will be taking my mother and dad to Tuscumbia so that they can visit with my Aunt Sarah. Praise the Lord, she is doing well. Praying for refreshment and rest for you and myself. Blessings & Hugs,
Vicki

Jennifer R said...

I think so often we forget to tell you guys how much you are appreciated! I've been truly impressed how you guys helped and supported the Townsend family eventhough they weren't full time members. You guys are amazing role models! :) Thanks for all you do!

JEN

Michelle said...

Praying for all of you.
I can truly relate. In January my mother-in-law died then two days later my dad died. Such emotions!!

Susan said...

We also have experienced directly, or indirectly, the sudden deaths of several younger people in the past few months. It CAN be so draining. I'm praying for you and so glad that God is using you to minister to so many.

Hugs,

Susan