On a more serious note than my last two posts...
The President was in Kuwait today. Jonathan told us last night that he was coming. The work on the base had practically stopped in preparation. And of course, they all would be there.
They waited outside for several hours for just a few minutes in his presence. A short speech.Only one television station even covered it. So what I want to know today is...... Did it change any of their lives? Did it make a difference? Not really. Just an experience to talk about. Certainly I am not critizing the President. I was excited that he was there. I wanted Jonathan to get a picture. One with him if he could. But the reality is...nothing is different tonight... Life is just back to normal. (Whatever normal is for our soldiers.)
But in the presence of our King...
Esther knew she would be given the opportunity to come before the King. She had a petition to make.
She needed and wanted to find favor. A couple of years ago, a friend sent me a quote from a book about Esther by Tommy Tenney. It was called "Twelve Protocols of the Palace." (Esther's secrets of finding favor with the King) Read carefully, and see if it speaks to you as it does to me.
- Never underestimate the potential of one encounter
- Seek the heart of the King, not the splendor of His Kingdom
- One day of favor can be worth more than a lifetime of labor
- Worship is the protocol that protects the King and qualifies the visitor
- Influence flows from intimacy, and access comes from relationships
- If you know what the King favors, you become a favorite
- If your enemy is the King's enemy, then your battle is the King's battle
- Favor is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
- The deeper you go into the palace, the fewer the people, but the greater the provision
- When the enemy plots your demise, the King is planning your reward
- Favor can restore in a day what was stolen over a lifetime
- One night with the King changes everything (or A few moments in the presence of the King can change your destiny)
Several points jump out to me... some make me stop and think for awhile.
Today my favorite is # 9 or maybe # 11. Tell me what you think.
Blessings to you all!