Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Women Mentoring Women

Tonight we had our Women Mentoring Women potluck celebration. It is the end of the first six month commitment for our ladies. It was such a blessing to hear the testimonies given - with so many expressing how God had used their mentor/mentee to minister to them. And then I was blessed to hear the different pairs tell how they knew that God had put them together.

I shared with them that earlier today I had been very discouraged. Felt as if maybe this was not a ministry for our particular church. I had heard a few negative remarks... and Satan had decided to sit on my shoulder and tell me what a failure this ministry had been. I should have known where such thoughts were coming from. So... as I arrived I really did not know what to expect. But God is so FAITHFUL. He used the testimonies to not only remind me of His work in our individual lives - but also in our church and in these particular Mentoring relationships. He used the testimonies to encourage the ladies. It is a commitment to mentor. It takes time. But time invested in the lives of others for the sake of Christ is NEVER wasted.

Ladies, keep on keeping on. Let your Savior use you in the lives of other women. Even if you are not involved in a particular "mentoring" relationship... God places people in our paths/lives for a purpose.

For any of the men that visit my blog... don't think that there is not an application for you... Men need men too. Godly men. Accountabilty. You need it... and you need to give it.
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." (Prov 27:17) Will you be that iron in another's life? It will take time. It will take commitment. It will take being IRON yourself.

A familiar quote: "God is not concerned with your ability... He wants your availability."
He will do the work... but He always chooses to use people. Available people.

What is God calling you to do? Who does He want you to minister to? Where does He want you to go? God will do the work... but He wants to use YOU.

"Let your light so shine before men, that others may see your good works, and glorify your Father in Heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

1 comments:

Darlene said...

I too was worried about last night. But, it was GREAT! I was so excited to see everyone and to hear how God is using their relationships to heal and help is AWESOME!! I recieved a phone call this morning and they said they really enjoyed last night and had decided to not sign on for the next 6 months.But, afterward....decided that this they would be making a mistake by not being apart of it. So, they are going to go for another 6 months! YEAH! I was thrilled to hear the good news! It is always wonderful to hear positive things!