Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More thoughts about our time...

A quote I found on a post-a-note on my desk. I do not remember who said it - or where I read it. But in light of my last post and last scripture committed to memory... it fits.

"A lot of us put off till tomorrow what we ought to be doing today.
And we keep doing that until years turn into decades.
Then... a lot does not turn out like we planned."


Scripture reminds us that our God has plans for us....

Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD,
plans for welfare and not for evil,
to give you a future and a hope."
So, what does God have planned for me...for you? What does He desire that I (we) be busy doing?
A couple of things that I know from Scripture:
(1) He wants us to trust Him to guide.
Psalm 37:4-6 ESV
4. Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5. Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him, and he will act.
6. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.
(2) Whatever we do - it is to bring Glory to our Lord:
1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV
So, whether you eat or drink,
or whatever you do,
do all to the glory of God.
Thoughts? What are we putting off? What does He want to do in/through our lives? What is keeping us from doing so? Am I settling for good...when He is pushing me for BEST?
What thoughts are going through your head/heart right now?


1 comments:

Toni Smith said...

Time flies by. Decades fly by as if it were just a year. If we don't plan, we plan to fail. But the question is, what do we want out of life? When we leave this world what do we want people to say about us? We make time to do whatever we want, but yet we don't have enough time to GO DEEP with God. Why is it that we know we should study, pray and share but we are not consistant? When we make ourselves study the Word we love it, when we are in a constant state of prayer we enjoy the fellowship with our Lord. When we share our lives and our faith with others God blesses our obedience. But why are we so reluctant to do it? Is it that we don't measure up to God's standard? Are we afraid? Fear is not of the Lord.
Make the most of today, and then tomorrow and the next day. Days will turn into months and hopefully years. I'm excited by the challenge!