Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Brantley

Just a few thoughts sent your way....on your birthday.


Hope you have a wonderful day. You are not yet an "official" member of our family... and yet you are. You are the precious bride that we have prayed for - for all of Jonathan's life. Jonathan calls you his perfect little puzzle piece... and I understand why. You complete him.


You love him. That is one thing that this mom has always wanted for her son. I love the way you love his happy-go-lucky personality - I love the way that you care. I love the way that you push him to be the man that God has called him to be. I love the way that you encourage him. I love the way that you build him up. I love seeing him happy. I love seeing the two of you together (and look forward to that again). I love watching him watch you. I love the way that I see him ADORE you. And I could go on and on and on....from both sides - I love that too....


The old saying goes "a daughter is a daughter for all of her life, but a son is a son till he takes a wife." Now, I remember thinking while holding him as a newborn in the hospital, "Lord, please give him a precious bride who will join our family and not take our son away from us." Don't get me wrong - I also know that he is to "leave father and mother and cleave only to his wife" and we want him to to do that. And I know that you will always be closer to your mom and rightly so... but just know that we love you like a daughter and we are so glad to have you join our family.


Regardless of all of my rambling - Happy Birthday Brantley - You are a treasure! and we are so blessed and so happy that God has put you and Jonathan together. I hope you have a wonderful day!


I love you gal!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you my perfect little puzzle piece precious princess. whew! that is a lot of "P's"

Jonathan

Brantley said...

Thank you so much! You are so sweet. Thank you for everything.