Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Socrates Quote...

"The unexamined life is not worth living"

I am currently working on the Bible Study by Kelly Minter, NO OTHER GODS. Today (I am only on day 2) she is encouraging all of us to take some time for personal reflection and see what things hold power over us. Thus the quote above. Examine yourself.

Psalms 139:23-24 says it this way..."Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Examine me Oh Lord with your Light. Know my Heart. Know my thoughts. Reveal the offensive ways in me. Lead me in Your way.

And unexamined life leads to a LOT of self... a lot of worldly influences... a lot of waste... a lot of wrong priorities...

I am thinking on this one today...

I would love for us to have some interaction. If so, I will continue the discussion on Monday. (See tomorrow I am going to the Deeper Still Conference in Atlanta YEA!)

Let me know what you think...

Blessings,
DeeDee

0 comments: