- I am home from the hospital.
- We still have NO diagnosis.
- The heart Cath was fine
- The Gall-bladder scan was fine
- The Liver/pancreas scan was fine
- The "scope-thingy" that they put down my throat into the stomach was fine. (sorta)
- The CTScan of the abdomen -to make sure what the "scope-thingy" did find - that it was not a tumor - and IT WAS NOT - just a spleen poking into the side of my stomach. A fine spleen I might add.
- I feel like I have been run through the wringer. Wait, I have.
So... why did I have chest pains that went to the arm and up into the neck? (and would not go away for 2 hours) I don't know.
But a couple of things that I did learn...
(1) If you need to get back to see the Dr fast... tell them you are having chest pains - and you get wheel-chaired in with a crew of 4 or 5 nurses in a split-second. Straight to the Dr.
(2) If one Nitro under the tongue relieves most of the pain, and then the second Nitro under the tongue gets the pain level down to about a #2, then you probably do not need the third Nitro... That nearly put me out. Seriously thought I was dying. The BP dropped to 80/40. I literally felt like everything was shutting down.
Hal just says that he knew I was not dying ... because I was so upset. No dying Grace. When the day comes for me to meet my Savior - I will be granted dying Grace. That is good. And he was right - It was not my day. (Here is his blog post.)
I will post again later (when all of this anesthesia has worn off - and I feel like a human again. And maybe have clear thoughts.)
But for now, thanks for those of you who knew and were praying. A special thanks to Michelle (my nurse, my friend, my sister in Christ) -it meant so much to have you taking care of me. Thanks to Lindsey, Jessica, and Melissa (also special friends, sisters-in Christ-) at the hospital - checking to make sure all was going well. And thanks to all that came to visit and called. Thanks to Anita for supper! You all are treasures! Once again, I must say - we are so blessed!
And... I know I have not posted my scripture - I was supposed to edit that before it posted. And right now, I cannot remember which one I was going to add. That too will come later. Maybe tomorrow.