Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Plans for My Blogs

During our time away, I decided to make some divisions in the way that I handle my blogs. This "No Greater Joy" Blog will be for our personal lives. I will post pictures – I will let you in on the lives of Hal and DeeDee and our families: Our walk/Our joys/Our struggles/Our daily life.

I am saying “our” – but in reality, I guess I really mean - mine. I am the writer. It will be from my perspective. Hal has his own blog - you can read from him at Gripped by Grace. Also, since I know how life can be - this will be my primary blog... where you will find me the most.

I have been working on new layouts for these next two... make sure you check them out and tell me what you think :) The wonderful part - is they were FREE.

Together we will work on the "Helping Homes" Blog. This will be from both of us. We have a burden for the family in general today. This is a small way that we hope we can be of help/support/encouragement for you and your family. By doing so together, we can address different issues from both perspectives. Husbands and wives. Fathers and Mothers (and grandparents too). Men and Women. We hope that you will join us on some discussions. Let us know if you have questions. Let us know how you feel about what we are addressing. We are trying to decide if/when we will start the chats again.


Then there is the "Holding On" devotional Blog. This began as a blog for several ladies to do together. But with life being as busy as it is – this has been hard to maintain. They all have their own blogs and you will be able to see what God is doing in their lives from their particular blogs. I have decided to use this blog as my own devotional blog. I plan to use it as a means to share with you what I am learning from God’s word. (They may still send me a post along the way – maybe…hopefully) I am no theologian. There are many means where you can go to get theological discussions and teaching. But I will share with you as I learn or should I say... try to learn from God’s Word. And now with Jonathan's coming deployment... I am sure that I will be "holding on" during this journey AGAIN.

I desire to hold to the truth of God’s Word in all of my life. “Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own… I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus… Only let us hold true to what we have attained.” (Phillippians 3:12, 14, 16.) I hope to be able to share this part of my journey with you. I am HOLDING ON.

So, join me
As I have “NO GREATER JOY”
As we “HELP HOMES" to Survive and Thrive in this world”
As I “HOLD ON” to the truth of God’s Word.

10 comments:

Michele Williams said...

I look forward to reading your new updated blogs. God bless you...

Mike said...

I'm sure all your blog post will be good reads.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com

Twitter: AboutParenting

Darlene said...

I will check the other blogs new looks out! I love all 4 blogs including Hal's. Maybe you can give us tips on how to handle so many blogs. LOL I sometimes find it hard to manage the one I have!
Thanks for the cookies yesterday! They were yummy!!

Krista said...

I am excited to see the new looks and I am glad that you are still doing Holding On. I will stop by from time to time to be refreshed.

Happy Easter!

Andrea said...

DeeDee, I am enjoying my visits to your blog, and I will be sure to check out your other ones. I so admire your walk of faith with the Lord. Your love for Him and sincere desire to serve Him shines through your writing.

May God bless you and keep you. Thank you for your testimony for our Lord Jesus Christ.

From one pastor's wife to another,

Andrea

P.S. I also live in Alabama

Amydeanne said...

looking forward DeeDee! happy Easter!

Laurie Ann said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how God will move me through you in these blogs, DeeDee! Exciting times for you. Can't wait!

Tricia said...

Sounds like great plans... and I went by to peek at the new looks, I love them! They look wonderful and I can't believe they were free!

Blessings!

Darlene said...

Love the new looks on the blogs! It seems that everyone is getting a fresh new look. Makes me want one too!

Meredith said...

I took a peek, can't wait to see what goes on over there on the other blogs!! Thank you for your ministry!