Thursday, April 30, 2009

2009 Scripture Memory # 7 and # 8

Continuing with Psalm 91...here are the next verses:

Psalm 91:5, 6
"You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday."

Psalm 91:7
"A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you."

When we went to the Family Readiness Group Meeting last month, we were given a free book. The title is "Psalm 91 -God's Shield of Protection." How neat is that? I am sure that I will have thoughts to share with you from it in the days ahead as I continue to memorize this chapter.

I am still catching up on these posts. Maybe in May I will get back on track. (even though I already have a post for tomorrow... oh well... I will try for the 2nd)

Regardless, I covet your prayers for the coming days. They will be hard. I know that God gives comfort. I am counting on it... I honestly do not know how those who do not know our Savior face such days. I do not.



3 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Deedee - I just love the Psalms - they always bless my heart.

I am praying for you and I hope that your voice is better.

In Him
Beth

Tricia said...

That gives me chill Holy chill bumps! That you are memorizing Ps 91 and God provides you with a book on it!

I am like you, I do not know how people get through the hard and tough things of life without our Savior...

Praying you are better!

Blessings!

Laurie Ann said...

DeeDee, these were a blessing to me today. With what Jimmy is going through I found them very comforting. I am like you, I don't know how people without a Savior face hard days. Praying for you!