Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesdays Together (#15)

Welcome to TUESDAYS TOGETHER (in the WORD).

I am so glad that you have joined us.Our goal/purpose is that we are reading God's Word and we are sharing with each other a "nugget" of what we are learning. Join with us - at any time. We welcome your comments and/or your thoughts of what you have read and/or your link to your blog post. You do not have to be a "blogger" to join in on the encouragement and sharing together.



This week our reading (as posted on the sidebar under the button) was from Proverbs 9, Psalm 36, Mark 7-11. (If you are reading something else - that is perfectly fine... just share with us.)



As I mentioned in this blog post from our Helping Homes Blog a few months ago... I am also reading in a Bible that will one day be my granddaughter's. I purposely bought a wide margin Bible so that I could write notes to her along with prayers that I am praying for her. I plan to do so with all of my grandchildren. This is another reading plan other than the one for our Tuesday's Together. How interesting that this week, part of my reading was the same in both plans.

So, I share with you the verse that has jumped off the page to me... twice.

It is the passage from Mark 10 about the rich young ruler. Specifically from verse 21.



And Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said to him,

"You lack one thing:

go, sell all that you have and give to the poor,

and you will have treasure in heaven;

and come follow me."


This is the part that I am not sure I have ever thought about before... Jesus looking at him.... LOVED him.

And this is the note that I have written in the margin of Aubrey's bible:

"Look at this Aubrey, isn't it precious that when our Savior looks at us - He loves us - even when he knows the condition of our heart. Always remember that. How much HE loves you - and also, how much I love you."

And that is my thought for you today too.... Even though Jesus knew that this young man would walk away and not follow him (because of his great wealth)... He loved him. His love was not conditional... And the same is true for us.
He looks at us and He loves us.
He loves us.
He loves us.

Really it can be hard for our earthly minds and hearts to completely understand such love, huh?

But how wonderful.

I have had several songs posted from u tube lately.. and that really is unusual for me - but I have been singing this song... and wanted to share it with any of you have time to listen to it today. Maybe you will be singing it along with me all day.





Now, your turn.


Remember... leave a comment... share your thoughts... and if you blog - link with us.



9 comments:

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Isn't it amazing how different things can jump out at us at different times? I love how He speaks to us through His word. And what a beautiful message He spoke to you...the fact that when He sees us, He loves us...without conditions...even knowing our weaknesses and failures...even knowing some will reject Him. What a beautiful truth to convey to your granddaugher. I love that you are giving her this priceless gift. It will mean so much to her as she grows and walks with the Lord.

Many Blessings to you,
Kelly

Laurie Ann said...

DeeDee, this is just precious. I love that you are doing this for your grandchildren.

Isn't it marvelous to know He loves us despite the condition of our hearts? And knowing that, it makes it all the more urgent to share this news with others. Great post! I'm really enjoying spending time in the Word and posting about it each week.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love this blog...so happy to find you. Stop by and visit me when you have some time.

Tricia said...

Hey DeeDee
Just checking in... aunt Susan is here and we have been busy with her yesterday and today, not sure when I will get my post up, but hopefully soon!

Blessings!

Tammy On the Go said...

I love all the people I am meeting through Kelly...sister in Christ.

www.tellthemtuesday.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Dee Dee, "He Loves Us!",...such lovely words. Such a sweet reminder. It is like you wrapped me in these comforting words today. Thank You!

I have 11 grandchildren and I wish I had thought of doing this years ago. I did give them all Bibles for Christmas this year. No better gift than God's Word. But How I wish the margins were full of my notes to them. Oh well, I love to write, and I will think of something to leave them,...Maybe a journal to each one!

I love it that God brought you into my life!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Tricia said...

I am just now really reading this post... how wonderful that Jesus looks at us, and loves us, even when He knows the condition of our hearts!

Thanks for sharing and for hosting us! I am still going to do my post this week, it will just be late...

Blessings!

Tricia said...

Hey DeeDee! I finally got my post up, only a few days late :)

Blessings!

Raye Ann said...

Wonderful incite into God's Word. I am so awe that God can look at us just the way we are and love us all the same.

I have been praying this week about adding a Tuesday Meme. I do not like to add just any old meme. Sure enough I popped on over here from Lynnette's site and I believe I found to answer to prayer.

See you next Tuesday.
Blessings