Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesdays Together (#14)


Welcome to TUESDAYS TOGETHER (in the WORD).

I am so glad that you have joined us.
Our goal/purpose is that we are reading God's Word and we are sharing with each other a "nugget" of what we are learning. Join with us - at any time. We welcome your comments and/or your thoughts of what you have read and/or your link to your blog post. You do not have to be a "blogger" to join in on the encouragement and sharing together.


This week our reading (as posted on the sidebar under the button) was from Psalm 34-35, Mark 1-6. (If you are reading something else - that is perfectly fine... share with us.)




Psalm 34:1-3

I will bless the LORD at all times;

his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul makes its boast in the LORD;

let the humble hear and be glad.

Oh, magnify the LORD with me,

and let us exalt his name together!


That is how we are to LIVE. at. all. times.


What a wonderful reminder to us. It makes me think of two other verses also.....


"In EVERY THING give thanks for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning you."
I Thessalonians 5:18

and

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him,
and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song."
Psalm 28:7


So, let's apply these verses to our hearts and our tongue this week together. Let's bless the Lord, let's praise him continually... let us boast in him (sorta takes the eyes off of the SELF huh?) Let us magnify Him and exalt Him together.


If we do so... it will be apparent to all who come in contact with us. And what a wonderful week for His praise to be on our lips continually... We have so much to be thankful for and to Praise His Name!


Now, your turn.

Remember... leave a comment... share your thoughts... and if you blog - link with us.




9 comments:

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Amen to this post, Dee Dee! Such a timely Word of needed wisdom, truth, and encouragement. I love these verses...they have such special meaning. We should indeed bless the Lord at all times because He is worthy of praise, ALWAYS!

Love and prayers to you, dear friend...

Laurie Ann said...

A hearty Amen! An attitude of praise is music to God's ears. Great post, my friend!

Blog is no more said...

Give thanks in every thing!! So true and wise words.

Have a great week!

Tricia said...

Hey DeeDee
A wonderful reminder that His praise should continually be on my lips!

I have not had time to post today, and do not know when I will have time... this week is busy, we are having the boys 4K Easter party here tomorrow... and I am tired and a bit weary...

But I am reading and hopefully can share my thoughts soon...

Blessings!

Meredith said...

Although I did praise him with a patient today, I don't always remember to do that. Thank you for the wise words. Making the heart and the tongue work together is hard some days!

Mike said...

Great reading.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com

Twitter: AboutParenting

Mike said...

Great reading.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com

Twitter: AboutParenting

Jennifer said...

How easy it seems to be for me to get bogged down in the cares of the day...forgetting to praise Him and to be thankful! I appreciate your reminder today!

Amydeanne said...

i will bless him at ALL times.! Good reminder for me! thank-you!