Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Craving...

The definition of CRAVE is: to ask for earnestly : beg, demand : to want greatly : need : to yearn for : to have a strong or inward desire

Strong words.

So I ask myself ... What do I crave more than anything? It is easy to say the right thing... but my actions will speak louder than my words.

I read the definition again as I think about making personal application...


The following is a short article that I wrote for The Emphasis on Moms Newsletter:



“Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk,
so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,”
I Peter 2:2



I remember feeding my three babies… and now, I am watching my grandson act in just the same way. When they get old enough to realize that you are preparing their bottle or getting ready to nurse them, they become very impatient. They sometimes act as if they will “surely perish” if you do not get their milk to them NOW.

That is the picture that comes to my mind as I read this passage. Craving the milk. We are to be like the little babies. Our desire needs to be the Word of God for our very existence. We will “surely perish” if we do not have it.

So, today my encouragement for you precious moms… is to have your milk.

A good serving of it.

It will sustain you during your day. It will feed your soul. It will give you the nourishment that you need to take care of all that your busy days demand.


For the moms reading today...
I recommend signing up for
this newsletter. It is packed with encouragement and help for you.




2 comments:

Tricia said...

So very true DeeDee... a good dose of the Word gives us the nourishment we need to make it through our days. I had no idea you contributed to a blog or newsletter for moms! You should have told us :)

Blessings!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

A wonderful, encouraging word, dear friend...

Thank you...