Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I am SO Thankful for SKYPE Technology...

During Deployment days, it is good to be able to IM on AOL with my soldier and chat with him.

During Deployment days, it is good to get a phone call from my soldier and hear his voice.

BUT---

During Deployment days, it is even better to get on SKYPE with my soldier and SEE HIM.

I don't even have the words to describe the emotion that overwhelms me when the screen comes up and I see his face. Not only because it has been months - but also because of the reality that he is at war.

He is wearing in his ACU's... he is in a tent... other soldiers are at other computers behind him...I am looking at all the details.

On SKYPE we are all able to "chat" but only one of us can have video time. This was my night. I really did not have much to say. I just wanted to watch him.

No... actually I wanted to jump through the screen and hug him.

But since I could not - I did blow kisses - I did chat some - I did watch his every move - and I did hold back my tears.

... until he had to sign off. And as the tears began to flow from this Military Mom's eyes - I prayed. Silently. I had no words to speak. I once again held on to Scriptures that I so often pray for him... I once again make myself believe what I say I believe...




Isaiah 52:12b

"For the LORD will go before you,

And the God of Israel will be your rear guard."




He IS in our Lord's hands - the Lord is in front of him and the God of Israel is behind him...



and I know it.





I think when I go to the mall later in the week - I may find a soldier to hug.



I have been known to do that...




10 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Praise God that He is our rear guard! I am so excited for you and the fact you get to visit with your sweet boy!

Jennifer said...

Believe it or not, I am so technologically behind the times, I have never even heard of SKYPE...but I am SO excited that are able to actually see your son and watch his ever move while you talk! What a blessing!! As for hugging a random soldier at the mall- COOL!!

Jennifer said...

Believe it or not, I am so technologically behind the times, I have never even heard of SKYPE...but I am SO excited that are able to actually see your son and watch his ever move while you talk! What a blessing!! As for hugging a random soldier at the mall- COOL!!

Tricia said...

You are making me cry DeeDee...

We all pray for all of you very often, I can't begin to imagine how hard this is for all of you...

Blessings and prayers...

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I love you, sweet DeeDee.
And I'm am thanking God for his provision so that you could put your burdened eyes on your precious boy.
I can't even imagine...

Tanya said...

Okay, now that I have finished crying, I can say what a wonderful moment that must have been for the two of you. How amazing technology is so you can do such a wonderful thing. Glad you were able to see him. I love hearing your stories about talking to or texting him. So glad that we are in a time where that can go on. Praying!

Anonymous said...

Dee Dee!

I pray that verse for Jonathan, along with coverage on top, bottom and each side, of course! The picture Jonathan sent of the sky was a beautiful reminder that God IS there with Jonathan and our other soldiers. It was VERY encouraging!

Cindy Gill

Tammy said...

How awesome is that!!! Yay for modern technology.

Blessings to you as your soldier serves for all of us. Thanks be to Him for him.

Blessings!

Meredith said...

hug away DD....hug away!!

I am positively sure they will appreciate it!

Michele Williams said...

I am so glad you are able to hear and see him! What a blessing.... We are praying for him... and your family too. I wish we had technology back when my hubby was in Vietnam.... I had to wait for those long awaited letters.... Blessing my friend.