Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Word-filled Wednesday # 4


Psalms 91
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the LORD,
"My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only look with your eyes
and see the recompense of the wicked.
Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place—
the Most High, who is my refuge—
no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
no plague come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the adder;
the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.
"Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation."
Praise be to God...
Who is the Faithful One...
Who Protected our Son at War...
This is the passage that we prayed/claimed for him
(along with many others) for his deployment.
Thank you to those who prayed with us!
We truly are blessed beyond measure!
for more WFW posts - visit 160acrewoods

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very true. Thanks for sharing.

Glad he is home, safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture and scripture. I'm so glad your son came home safe.

Susan said...

Oh, how many times did I stand on that awesome Psalm when my son was deployed also!!

I've prayed it over all my children and still do.

Please let you son know how grateful we are for what He has done for us♥

lori said...

OH MY...not only did this WFW get me...but your post below has me in TEARS....

tomorrow my Thankful Thursday is all about gratitude to those brave men and women and their families who send them off so self lessly....

What a joyful reunion....
thank you for sharing..

Anonymous said...

A very powerful post, as was the one below. A giant thank you to your son for protecting us. My husband and I both come from military families so we understand the heart-break and the overwhelming joy, the anxiety and the prayers. Thank God Almighty he is back with all of you.

Thank you for sharing your son with your country and the world for an attempt at peace. Thank you for sharing these posts with all of us. The pictures are amazing. Standing out in my mind are the total difference in body language with the good-bye hug with Dad so filled with grief and the hello hug so filled with comfort and joy. The girlfriend run says it all too. And the hug, I'm assuming with mom, was so tight and just brought tears to my eyes.

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thank God! I am so glad for you that your son is back. Thank him for us for risking his life to protect us. Your previous post is so moving too. I loved the photos and the writing. It really brought tears and memories. Our military men and women and all the loved ones they leave behind are so strong and brave.

Wishing you many moments of joy and peace as you all transition back together and as he readjusts to American life on safe soil.

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing this. A moving photo and a beautiful verse.

Tricia said...

I love that picture DeeDee! It is very moving, and the scripture is one of my favorites, it is so powerful and so comforting...

Praising God with you for His protection over Jonathan and for bringing him home safely!!

Tracy said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful Psalm. Such a powerful prayer. No doubt your hearts are overflowing with joy and gratitude for your son's safe return home. Your before and after pictures bring tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Tracy

Denise said...

So glad that your son is safe, and at home. Such an awesome picture, and verse.

Blessedw5mom said...

Very True!!! So glad your soldier is home!

What a great WFW!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dee Dee this is so lovely.. and knowing that your son is a soldier and all it's so touching.
Thanks for letting God use you to bless us with that!

(and the pictures of your reunion with your son made me cry.. )