Monday, March 2, 2009

Theology Reading Group

We have started the first Theology Reading Groups at CBC.

Hal is leading a group of 11 men and I have a group of 12 women. We are discussing John Piper's book, The Pleasures of God.

I was actually a little nervous before we began. But I must say that I have really enjoyed it. We are currently reading chapter five. It is not a Bible study-We are not teaching. Hal and I are just the facilitators. We all are discussing what we have read.

Some days, the reading - and some nights, the discussions - really stretch my brain. Can that happen? Sure feels that way.

I am glad I am on this journey. I am thankful my husband encouraged me to lead this group of ladies. (Actually, now that I think about it - I don't think I had a choice :)

I will probably share more as we go along. There are definitely some quotes I want to share. Maybe I will even get your input and your thoughts. You can stretch with me.


1 comments:

Tricia said...

I am glad you are enjoying it... I wanted to do it but was afraid I would be over committing myself, hopefully I can join you all next time. I may get the book and read it on my own though...

Praying for you!